Wednesday, April 4, 2007

simply


i walk down the path with my eyes closed, feeling the tall grass brush against my legs, and the warm breeze kissing my cheek. i can hear the crescendo of the birds' chirping, their songs that collide and then connect and finally conclude with a thousand fluttering wings only to congregate on another tree, a different limb to begin their song anew.

i know where i am going, i have been there before. a place where my imagination no longer resides within my mind, it exists amongst the trees, the moss, the creek, the smell of this world around me. when i arrive there i will open my eyes, breathe, and take in all that surrounds me.

when i leave, the air will be moist, the day will be dying, the birds will have hushed, my fingers will be muddy with ink, but i will have captured my moment, my story, my song. i will walk back with my eyes open, feeling the tall grass brush against legs...

included in this collection:
1. smocked empire waist dress from old navy
2. little garden photograph by alicia bock
3. aqua blue flower ring by twist style
4. victorian girl moleskin by yaelfran
5. foray pen from office depot
6. isaac mizrahi flats for target

1 comments:

Steph said...

Alicia Bock is one of my absolute favorite Etsy sellers and that ring is fabulous! Great collection.